This policy statement sets out the environmental commitments for Toner Inc Limited (‘the Company’). Our activities are designed to reduce any harmful impact on the environment and everyone working for the Company or on the Company’s behalf is asked to support this statement.
We recognise that organisations of all kinds are, increasingly, determined to achieve and demonstrate sound environmental performance by controlling the impact on the environment by their activities, products and services. This is in the context of growing environmental awareness, increasingly stringent legislation and other factors promoting environmental protection and best practice.
We are concerned about the environment and recognise that good environmental management must be an integral and fundamental part of our corporate business strategy.
In the course of our operations, and within resource constraints, we continue to improve our environmental performance by:
1. Conserving energy, water, wood, paper and other resources, particularly those which are scarce or non renewable, while still providing a safe and comfortable working environment;
2. Reducing waste through re-use and recycling and by using refurbished and recycled products and materials where such alternatives are economical and suitable; and
3. Ensuring that any products used or derived from wildlife, such as timber and plants, are from sustainable sources and comply with European Union and international trade rules such as CITES (the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species).
4. Monitoring relevant discharges and emissions to air, land and water to ascertain what action is necessary to reduce pollution or the risk of pollution;
5. Communicating openly with staff and others, educating, training and motivating our colleagues, and other relevant persons and organisations to encourage them to support our environmental objectives; and
6. Demonstrating that, where relevant, environmental issues are considered when making decisions, planning and developing policy, programmes and projects.
This policy and the obligations and responsibilities required by any environmental management system implemented by us have been or will be communicated to all employees.
Toner Inc Ltd June 2016